Best south indian holiday tour packages
South India refers to the southern region of the Indian subcontinent, which includes the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka. It is a popular tourist destination known for its rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes, and beautiful beaches.
Tour packages for South India usually include a combination of different destinations and activities that showcase the best of the region. These might include:
- Visiting ancient temples and monuments, such as the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, Hampi temples in Karnatak, and the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple in Andhra Pradesh
- Exploring the scenic backwaters and beaches of Kerala, such as the houseboat rides in Alleppey
- Enjoying the hill stations and cooler climates of places like Ooty and Munnar in Tamil Nadu
- Experiencing the natural beauty and wildlife of national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, such as Bandipur National Park in Karnatak and Nagarhole National Park in Karnatak
- Participating in Ayurvedic treatments and spa treatments in Kerala
- Visiting famous historical places like Hampi and Mysore
Tour operators often offer different types of packages, such as pilgrimage tours, beach tours, cultural tours, and adventure tours, to cater to the diverse interests of travelers.
South India is considered a popular tourist destination, and many people consider it to be a great place to visit for holiday packages. There are many reasons why South India is a great choice for a holiday, some of the major reasons are:
- Rich Cultural Heritage: South India has a long and rich history, and is home to many ancient temples and monuments, such as Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, Hampi temples in Karnatak, and the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple in Andhra Pradesh. The region also has a unique and vibrant culture, with a distinct language, cuisine, and traditional arts and crafts.
- Natural Beauty: South India is known for its diverse landscapes, from the lush green hill stations of Tamil Nadu and Kerala to the beautiful beaches and backwaters. There are many places to explore the natural beauty of South India, such as Ooty, Munnar, and Bandipur National Park.
- Leisure activities: South India is also popular for leisure activities like Ayurvedic treatments and spa treatments in Kerala, houseboat rides in Alleppey and relaxing on the beaches of Kovalam.
- Historically rich: it also has many famous historical places like Hampi and Mysore, it is rich in history and archaeology.
- Food: south Indian cuisine is very rich and diverse, it is famous for its traditional delicacies like dosa, idli, sambar, vada and more.
However, please note that people’s preferences and interests can vary and what one might consider as a great destination might not be the same for everyone. It’s always a good idea to do your own research and decide based on your preferences and interests.
There are many popular South Indian holiday tour packages available for tourists to explore the diverse range of destinations and experiences that the region has to offer. Some popular tour package options include:
- Temple Tours: These packages focus on visiting the ancient temples and monuments of South India, such as the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, Hampi temples in Karnatak, and the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple in Andhra Pradesh.
- Backwaters and Beaches: These packages highlight the scenic backwaters and beaches of Kerala, such as the houseboat rides in Alleppey and the beaches of Kovalam.
- Hill Stations: These packages take tourists to the hill stations and cooler climates of places like Ooty and Munnar in Tamil Nadu, to enjoy the natural beauty and cooler weather of these regions.
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: These packages are for adventure lover, it takes tourists to the famous National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries of South India such as Bandipur National Park in Karnatak and Nagarhole National Park in Karnatak to see the diverse wildlife and enjoy outdoor activities such as safari and trekking.
- Heritage and Pilgrimage: These packages take visitors to some of the famous historical places like Hampi and Mysore and pilgrimage sites like Tirupathi which is one of the most-visited pilgrimage sites in the world.
- Ayurvedic and wellness packages: These packages are for those looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday experience in South India, where they can indulge in Ayurvedic treatments and spa treatments in Kerala.
It’s important to research and compare different tour packages from reputable operators, and select one that best suits your interests and budget.
Kerala, also known as “God’s Own Country” is a popular tourist destination located in South India. It is known for its beautiful landscapes, tranquil backwaters, and pristine beaches. Kerala is also famous for its rich cultural heritage, with a distinct language, cuisine, and traditional arts and crafts.
The backwaters of Kerala are one of the most popular tourist attractions in the state, it is a network of interconnected canals, lagoons, and lakes that run parallel to the Arabian Sea coast. Tourists can take a houseboat ride through the backwaters to explore the picturesque villages, paddy fields and the local life, this is considered as the most romantic and peaceful way to explore the place.
Kerala is also famous for its beaches, which include popular destinations such as Kovalam and Varkala. These beaches offer a perfect blend of sun, sand, and surf, and are popular spots for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine, is also a popular draw for tourists in Kerala. The state has many Ayurvedic resorts and wellness centers that offer a range of treatments, such as massages, herbal steam baths, and rejuvenation therapies, which are designed to promote physical and mental well-being.
Overall, Kerala is a great destination for those looking for a holiday that combines natural beauty, cultural experiences, and relaxation.
Tamil Nadu is a popular tourist destination located in South India, known for its rich cultural heritage and diverse range of tourist attractions.
One of the most popular tourist attractions in Tamil Nadu is the ancient temple city of Madurai. The city is home to the Meenakshi Temple, a beautiful and intricately carved Hindu temple that is considered one of the most important pilgrimage sites in South India. The temple is dedicated to Meenakshi, a form of the Hindu goddess Parvati, and is known for its stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and colorful festivals.
Another popular destination in Tamil Nadu is the hill station of Ooty. Located in the Western Ghats, Ooty is known for its cool climate, beautiful natural surroundings, and British colonial architecture. Ooty is often referred to as the “Queen of Hill Stations” and is a popular destination for trekking, hiking, and picnicking. Ooty also has Botanical Gardens, an 18th-century church, and a railway line that dates back to the British Raj, making it an attractive destination for history enthusiasts.
Tamil Nadu is also known for its diverse range of cuisine, and is famous for dishes like Idli, Dosa, and sambhar.
Overall, Tamil Nadu is a great destination for those looking to explore ancient temples and historical sites, as well as enjoy the natural beauty and cool climate of a hill station.
Karnataka is a popular tourist destination located in South India, known for its rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes, and unique experiences.
One of the most famous tourist attractions in Karnatak is the historic village of Hampi. It is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is famous for its UNESCO World Heritage listed architectural temples and monuments that were built by the Vijayanagara Empire during the 14th century. The temples and monuments are known for their intricate carvings, ornate pillars, and imposing gopurams.
Another popular destination in Karnatak is the city of Mysore, which is known for its majestic palaces, heritage buildings, and vibrant culture. Mysore Palace is one of the most famous tourist attractions, which is a grand palace that was built by the Wodeyar dynasty in the 14th century. The palace is known for its architectural design, colorful festivals and cultural significance.
Bandipur National Park is also a popular destination in Karnatak, which is a wildlife sanctuary that is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, tigers, leopards, and many species of birds. It is also a popular spot for activities like safari and trekking.
Karnatak is also famous for its diverse cuisine and local delicacies like Bisi bele bath, dosa, vada, and filter coffee.
Overall, Karnatak is a great destination for those looking to explore ancient temples and historical sites, visit wild life sanctuaries, as well as enjoying the rich cultural heritage, delicious local cuisine.
Andhra Pradesh is a state located in southern India. It is known for its rich cultural heritage and beautiful landscapes. One of the major tourist attractions in Andhra Pradesh is the city of Tirupathi, which is home to the famous Sri Venkateswara Temple. This temple is one of the most-visited pilgrimage sites in the world, and it is believed to be one of the eight sacred shrines of Lord Vishnu in India. The temple is located on the top of the Tirumala hills and is famous for its intricate architectural design and spiritual significance.
Another popular destination in Andhra Pradesh is the historic city of Vijayawada. This city is situated on the banks of the Krishna River and is known for its rich cultural heritage, historical monuments, and picturesque landscapes. The city is also a major business and trade center and is home to a number of industries and educational institutions.
Andhra Pradesh also offers a variety of other tourist destinations such as, the Buddhist sites at Amaravati, Undavalli caves, and the hill station Araku Valley, Prakasam Barrage, and beaches at Visakhapatnam, Konaseema.
In addition to these, Andhra Pradesh is also known for its delicious cuisine and unique festivals that showcase its vibrant culture.